John Salminen Presents Award


Juror, John Salminen Presents Award

What an honor to shake the hand of the artist
who has taught me so much about painting!

Some of you might remember me mentioning that
my painting "Moment To Remember 25"
received the 3rd Place Award at the Watercolor Society
of Oregon Spring Exhibition. I am always pleased
just to be juried into these exhibitions, since the
quality of paintings submitted improves each year.
Behind me is Linda Hoffman-Snodgrass, our WSO President.
You might recognize the painting (from my February archives)
which is now hanging at Oregon State University
in Corvallis and will travel from there to the Lincoln City
Cultural Arts Center, Lake Oswego Library and then the
Elsinore Gallery in Salem.
A big thank you goes to Paul Bourgault, our WSO
Newsletter Designer for sending me the photo.

Comments

Ruth Armitage said…
Wasn't THAT a 'moment to remember'? Big congratulations! I loved this painting.... such a great feeling of intimacy from simple objects...
Purphekt said…
Well, well, well. Nice to have some recognition.
Congratulations.
Unknown said…
I love this whole series and wonder how you chose the one to enter.
Thank you Carrie for visiting my blog.
I chose this larger format, so
I could have more fun with the distortion of the shapes seen in the glass and show more of the sunny table. This painting was in response to one of the firt sunny day in Astoria (at the Bridgewater Bistro) after a long cold winter indoors.